No one expects to be the victim of a crime. Whether you or a loved one has been the victim of theft, burglary, assault, sexual offense or murder there can be significant emotional, psychological, financial and physical trauma. We can help with Victim Advocacy.
Too often when victims are thrust into the confusing and difficult to navigate world of the criminal justice system they are overlooked if they don’t have their own attorney to represent them. As the victim of a crime, you are entitled to be treated with fairness, respect and dignity and to be free from intimidation, harassment or abuse throughout the criminal justice process, we can help with Victim Advocacy.
At Valley of the Sun Law we have significant experience with the criminal justice system and Victim Advocacy. Our prior law enforcement and prosecution experience make us uniquely qualified to represent victims of crimes, and the protect the fundamental rights guaranteed by the constitution to those who are victims of crimes.
If you feel you have been mistreated by the criminal justice system or your case has been overlooked and not given the attention it deserves, contact us for a free consultation.
Constitutional rights guaranteed to victims include, but are not limited to:
- Be informed when accused or convicted person is release from custody or escapes
- Be present at and informed of all criminal proceedings
- Be heard at any proceeding involving a post-arrest release decision, negotiated plea and sentencing
- To refuse an interview, deposition or other discover request
- To confer with the prosecution, after the crime against the victim has been charged
- To read pre-sentence reports relating to the crime against the victim
- To receive prompt restitution from the person or persons convicted of the crime
- To be heard at any proceeding when any post-conviction release from confinement is considered
Not sure if you have a case? Don’t worry – call Valley of the Sun Law for a free consultation with a licensed attorney today.